We are thrilled to give away prizes — like gift certificates to local businesses and admission to the area’s best museums, historical sites and events — to our readers! Here’s what you need to know.
Official Contest Rules
1. THERE IS NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
2. You must be twenty one (21) years of age or older and a legal resident of Virginia at the time of entry to win.
3. Winners will be chosen at random. The odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
4. Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state and local laws, and is void where prohibited by law. By entering, participants agree to these Official Rules.
5. Only one (1) entry per person. Multiple entries or entries under fictional names may lead to disqualification. Overall chances of winning are dependent upon the number of entries. People who have won a prize from Ivy Publications in the last 90 days are not eligible to win.
6. All federal, state and other taxes relating to any prize, and any other travel, or hotel accommodations or other expenses relating to any prize, is the sole responsibility of the winner.
7. Prizes are not transferable, substitutable, or exchangeable for cash except that Ivy Publications in its discretion may substitute a prize of equal or greater value. If the winner fails to meet any eligibility requirement herein, an alternate winner will be chosen by random drawing to be held as soon as reasonably practicable after initial winner is determined to be ineligible. The alternate winner is subject to all eligibility requirements and restrictions of these Official Rules.
8. Ivy Publications and its subsidiaries, affiliates, and agents shall not be liable for injuries or losses of any kind resulting from acceptance of or use of prizes. Winners and their guests, by acceptance of their prize, agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless Ivy Publications and each of its employees, representatives, agent and advertisers from any and all liability, loss, damage, costs or claims related to any allegation regarding the award of, the receipt of, or the use of their prize.
9. Description of prizes: prizes include but are not limited to gift certificates to local businesses and admission to the area’s best museums, historical sites and events.
10. Employees of Ivy Publications and/or its affiliates, and the immediate families, are not eligible.
11. To enter, follow the instructions on our Facebook page, at IvyPublications.com/Giveaways, in our enewsletter, on display at events we attend or contact us at Ivy Publications, 4282 Ivy Road, Charlottesville, VA 22901 and/or (434) 984-4713.
12. If your name is selected as a winner, you will be contacted by Ivy Publications in accordance with the information you supplied to Ivy Publications. Winners will be asked to come to the Ivy Publications office in Charlottesville, Virginia, where each winner must provide valid identification. Valid identification includes a valid driver’s license or other valid picture ID showing name and address. Faxes will not be accepted. The winners may also be required to sign other legal documents, including tax forms and a release supplied by Ivy Publications, which, among other disclaimers, releases Ivy Publications and its subsidiaries, directors, officers, agents, affiliates, employees and related persons from any and all liability related to this Sweepstakes and the receipt and use of the prize. The information contained in the online submissions and the entry forms becomes the property of Ivy Publications. Verified Prize winners may pick up their prizes at Ivy Publications, 4282 Ivy Road, Charlottesville, Virginia 22901.
13. We will make every effort to contact you via email and phone, but if you do not respond within 3 days (or sooner, if the prize is date-sensitive), we reserve the right to invalidate your entry and choose another winner.
14. By winning, contestants agree to award Ivy Publications the right to publicize their names, city and state of residence, photograph, likenesses, voices, biographical information, and details of winning in any medium of communication (including print, internet, radio and/or television) for any purpose including advertising, promotional or other purposes without further compensation.
15. Ivy Publications and its affiliates, subsidiaries or agencies will not be responsible for the inability to select winners because of equipment or data storage failure.
16. All federal, state and local laws apply. Ivy Publications shall be entitled to interpret these rules in its sole discretion, and all of its decisions are final. By entering, participants agree to these Official Rules. Ivy Publications reserves the right to cancel, terminate or suspend this Sweepstakes or any part of this Sweepstakes should any event beyond its control impair the security, administration, fairness or operation of this Sweepstakes as determined by Ivy Publications in its sole discretion.